Marshall Victor Watson was born in Delaware County,
Ohio, on a far, but his early boyhood was provided between the towns
of Richwood, O., and Monticello, Ind., where he went to the public
At the age of fourteen he went into the
photographic business, and later embarked in the mercantile business.
He came to Kansas City in 1891, and for a
term of the Legislature was journal clerk at Jefferson City, where he
earned a wide reputation for speed and efficiency. In 1891 he
became secretary of the Kansas City Paper House, where he remained
until 1902, when he sold out his interests, and soon after accepted
the position of third vice-president of the United States and Mexican
Mr. Watson's career has always been marked by
public spirit. He was director in the Commercial Club, then
vice-president and was president in 1896-97, and during his term the
Convention Hall idea was given form. He is now chairman of the
Transportation Committee of the Club.
From 1898 to 1900 Mr. Watson served as a
member of the Board of Public Works, making a fine record. He
has also been connected with the Priests of Pallas in an executive
capacity, and with every other notable public movement.
He was married in 1891 to Miss Mary E.
Hutchinson, of Indianapolis.
Mr. Watson is a thirty-second degree Mason, a
Kinght Templar, a Shriner, and a member of the Kansas City Club.