Louis P. Rothschild was born in Leavenworth, Kansas,
July 8 1864, and lived there until his removal to Kansas City in
1901. He received his education in the public and high schools,
and after completing the latter course entered the store of his
father, Philip Rothschild, the pioneer merchant of the West.
In 1901 the business was removed to Kansas
City, and the subject of this sketch and his brother, Alfred, at once
began a campaign of energy and idea, which has resulted in victory and
In Leavenworth, Mr. Rothschild built the
first independent telephone in that town, and was also the moving
spirit in the organization of the Merchants' Electric Light Company.
Since coming to Kansas City he has identified
himself with the public life of the town, and is a member of the
Commercial Club, and has also actively participated in the Priests
of Pallas movement and the Flower Show.
Mr. Rothschild was married in 1899 to Miss
Westheimer, of St. Joseph, and they have one son.