William A. Repp was born in Funkstown, Washington
County, Maryland, August 8, 1856. In 1862 the family moved to
Indianapolis, Ind., for a while, returning East at the close of the
civil war, and located in Washington, D. C. Here Mr. Repp lived
until he had attained his majority, meanwhile acquiring an education
in the public schools of the city. In 1877 he went back to
Indianapolis, and engaged in the banking business with a brother, the
firm name being the Repp Bros. Vienna Baking Company. Mr.
Repp remained three years in Indianapolis, and then went out in
Kansas, engaging in the cattle business at Springvale as a member of
the Goodrich Cattle Company. Immigration was heavy to this
section, and the consequent increase in land values made ranging too
costly to yield a profit, so in 1884 Mr. Repp went to Pratt, Kas., and
opened a furniture store. He stayed there six years, then went
to Arkansas City, where he and his brother conducted a business.
In all, Mr. Repp lived in Arkansas City ten years, the latter portion
of his business life there being in connection with Mr.
Charles P. Duff, who is now associated with him in the Duff &
Repp Company here.
Mr. Repp came to Kansas City two years ago to
become secretary and treasurer of the J. H. North Furniture and Carpet
Company, which, in a reorganization, was merged into and swallowed up
by the Duff & Repp Furniture Company. Mr. Repp is secretary
and treasurer of this firm.