Andrew F. Evans was born in Kentucky in 1863.
His boyhood was passed on a farm, and his education was confined to
such schooling as district schools afforded. He afterwards
attended St. Mary's College and later he took a classical course at
Center College, Danville, Ky., from where he graduated in 1882.
Then he took up school-teaching reading law meanwhile, and was
admitted to the bar in 1884. Not satisfied with this, however,
he determined to equip himself more thoroughly for the practice of the
profession, and entered Harvard University for a year's course, and at
its termination he went to the University of Virginia for one year
more. He engaged in practice in earnest in his home State for a
year, but feeling that wider fields offered themselves in the West, he
came to this town in 1887 and has remained her at his profession
since. He practiced alone for years, but later went in with N.
B. Carskadon, the partnership being terminated only on the death of
Mr. Carskadon. Soon after this Mr. Evans took B. P. Finley into
partnership with him, the firm name being Evans & Finley.
Mr. Evans is a member of a number of
fraternal and social organizations, among them being the Bar
Association, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, the Knights of
Pythias, and the Knife and Fork Club. He was nominated by the
Democratic party for Judge of the Circuit Court in 1902, and easily