The four Muehlebach
brothers who came to Kansas City form Switzerland by way of Lafayette,
Indiana, in 1859, have long since parted at the crossroads and passed on
with many of their cronies.
established the original brewery here in 1868.
It prospered for more
than a half century till it hit the low tide of 1920 and rocked on the
shoals of the prohibition era.
Today the new million
dollar Geo. Muehlebach brewery looms among the nation's finest. It
is a glowing tribute to a man whose pioneering foresight inspired him to
cast his lot here.
Two sons of this man,
George E. Muehlebach and Carl. A. Muehlebach, are at the helm of this new
enterprise, vice president and chairman of the board, respectively.
The original brewery
site was located at 18th and Main streets. There George Muehlebach
experimented with various imported formulas for brewing. Out of
these were evolved the formulas for the famous Muehlebach Pilsener and
Muehlebach Special Beer.
Soon George Muehlebach
established himself among the foremost brewers in the country.
Although the Muehlebach
Pilsener in the famous "green bottle" was sold exclusively at
the bar of the Muehlebach Hotel, Kansas City, up to 1920, it had gained a
national reputation as one of America's fines brews.
Today thousands of men
and women enjoy this famous Muehlebach Pilsener, ever increasing its
distribution and winning new friends.