June 11, 1909
Believing that its present home is inadequate, the Helping Hand institute h as decided to move from the location at 408-10 Main street. This afternoon a committee will visit the new Nelson building at Missouri avenue and Main street with a view to finding accommodations there.
The property now occupied by the institute is owned by it through the building numbered 410 Main street carries an indebtedness of $4,000.
The conditions which make a change advisable were pointed out by Edward A. Brown of Denver, who slept at Kansas City's municipal lodging house one night not long since. His criticisms caused a thorough investigation, which resulted in a desire to change to a more advantageous building, and still remain within the financial resources of the institution.
The committee which will visit the Nelson building is composed of G. W. Fuller, Dr. John Punton, C. D. Mill and E. T. Brigham.